Plant Electrician Helper - Dillingham
The electrician helper's role is a critical role in the plant electrical department. On a daily basis you will work with your hands doing electrical conduit runs,wire pulls,motor replacement, lighting install and replacement, motor drive trouble shooting and repair and product conveyance, system trouble shooting and repair. To be successful in this role you must be self starting, self motivated and be able to follow detailed instruction. This position reports directly to the electrical manager and must demonstrate the company's core values of respect, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Under the direction of the head electrician, trouble shoot and repair all plant electrical systems.
- Help install new circuits and trouble shoot existing.
- Help trouble shoot and repair drive motors and motor starters.
- Help install and repair product conveyance systems and drive systems.
- Run conduit and pull wire, trench as necessary.
- Facilitate continuous equipment operation with little down time.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 2 years experience in electrical trade ( may substitute trade school certificate / votech )
- Must be mechanically inclined and be able to solve mechanical and electrical problems.
- Good analytical, communication and mechanical skills.
- Will train the right person.
- 01 Journeyman license and 3 year's of experience
- Plant electrician experience in a seafood processing plant.
- Solid state motor starters and PLC experience.
- State of the art shore based salmon processing plant in Dillingham Ak ( Bristol bay)
- April through August season with approximately 1600 to 2000 hr worked.
- Laundry service provided.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must apply and complete an application online (not a guarantee of employment)
- Have a valid photo identification and US employment authorization
- Have an original Social Security card (for payroll purposes)
- Speak and understand English (for safety reasons)
- Pass a background check and drug test
- Complete a post offer medical placement questionnaire
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.
Salary commensurate with experience
Room and board is provided with different facilities at each location. At all locations, rooms are multi-occupancy and accommodations for married couples or co-ed housing are limited or not available. Meals are provided in a company mess hall. Laundry facilities are available at each location. Bedding and towels are provided.
For employees from the lower 48 states we provide transportation from Seattle. For Alaskan employees, transportation is provided from their home in most cases. Commercial airlines are used. Airfare is paid to the respective plant, and after completing a season in good standing, return airfare is also paid.
If required for your assignment, raingear and boots are provided at no charge, but must be returned at the end of the season. We also supply work gloves, hair nets and ear plugs at no charge to you. Any required safety equipment will also be provided.