Industrial Maintenance Electrician - Valdez
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is currently seeking a Maintenance Electrician for their Valdez, AK salmon processing facility. This Electrician will function as a member of the facility maintenance group which consists of the other maintenance staff personnel and the production manager.
Employee Type: Seasonal (July – mid September)
Industry: Seafood Processing - Canning and Fresh/Frozen Operation
Job Type: Skilled Labor
Experience: 3+ years preferred
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Install, troubleshoot and repair electric components including but not limited to conduit, enclosures, control panels, sensors, motors, safety circuits, etc. (120V, 240V and 480V)
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of shop tools (both hand and power). Follow plant LOTO procedures. Responsible for observing and following all safety regulations with required PPE.
- Must possess ability to safely utilize Forklift and High Lift.
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds and roofs to be able to install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to read and understand schematics, blueprints and manufacturing manuals.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Able to interpret electrical drawings, specifications, and wiring diagrams. Must have knowledge and ability to maintain and program VFD's and to troubleshoot PLC's.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, a self-starter yet able to follow instructions as directed.
- High School education or GED equivalent.
- Good interaction with fellow workers, assist with maintenance personnel on different machinery and equipment as needed.
- Ability to work hours as required by production, including weekends, and call-ins as necessary.
- Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Wages & Benefits:
Wages will be based on experience. Meals, airfare, room and board are provided by employer. Union affiliated shop. Medical and vision coverage provided through collective bargaining agreement. Opportunity to acquire defined benefit pension with concurrent years of service. The successful applicant is required to become a member of IAMAW local 79 upon employment.
Rate of pay commensurate with experience. Send salary requirements with resume.
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.