Cook - Naknek Fish Camp
Peter Pan Seafoods is looking to hire a cook for the summer of 2019. Peter Pan Seafoods operates a fisherman support facility in Naknek, Alaska. Naknek is a small community situated 300 miles southwest of Anchorage, Alaska.
- Responsible for planning the full menu
- Prepare a rotating variety of meals and break snacks in adequate quantities for 150 peopleat regularly scheduled meal times during the day
- Must be able to work well independently as well with others and direct the kitchen staff as needed
- Must be able to operate stove, oven, cook griddle, deep fryer, other standard kitchen equipment
- Monitor and maintain sufficient inventory to operate efficiently
- Place weekly produce and dairy orders with food supplier
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen
- Unpack and pack up kitchen/food storage areas pre- and post- season as needed
- Wash dishes
- Assist in food prep
- Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned
- Previous kitchen experience required (either in the classroom or on the job)
- Can work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: Food Handler's Permit or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must apply and complete an application online (not a guarantee of employment)
- Have a valid photo identification and US employment authorization
- Have an original Social Security card (for payroll purposes)
- Speak and understand English (for safety reasons)
- Pass a background check and drug test
- Complete a post offer medical placement questionnaire
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Room and board is provided with different facilities at each location. At all locations, rooms are multi-occupancy and accommodations for married couples or co-ed housing are limited or not available. Meals are provided in a company mess hall. Laundry facilities are available at each location. Bedding and towels are provided.
For employees from the lower 48 states we provide transportation from Seattle. For Alaskan employees, transportation is provided from their home in most cases. Commercial airlines are used. Airfare is paid to the respective plant, and after completing a season in good standing, return airfare is also paid.
If required for your assignment, raingear and boots are provided at no charge, but must be returned at the end of the season. We also supply work gloves, hair nets and ear plugs at no charge to you. Any required safety equipment will also be provided.