Office Manager - Sand Point, AK
This is a full time position that entails working in remote Alaska for at least 9 months a year. This position requires a very good understanding of basic accounting and business administration. This position is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Sand Point office; serve as the human resources person for the office and ensure that the accounting figures are entered daily. Job is detail oriented. Successful applicant must have good people and communication skills, work well under pressure and have outstanding organizational skills. Office atmosphere varies from slow to hectic and applicant must be able to deal with a variety of people both within and outside of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Manage office staff of 1 at times 2;
- Experience with A/R, A/P Accounting;
- Fisherman accounts maintenance, journaling & fish pay, reconcile with other location;
- Fish & Sales taxes paying and reconcile;
- Stockroom sales journals and reconcile;
- GL account maintenance and reconciling, includes Petty Cash & Cash Control Sheet;
- Must supervise daily duties of up to 2 people on a yearly basis;
- Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis
- Basic knowledge of accounting, business administration and human resource functions;
- Adherence to Federal, State & City laws & regulations.
Requirements Skills and Qualifications required:
- The position requires the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook applications and Company software. A good understanding of basic accounting and business administration is required along with at least two years experience in accounting, business management or equivalent.
- Have a valid photo identification and US employment authorization
- Have an original Social Security card (for payroll purposes)
- Speak and understand English (for safety reasons)
- Pass a background check and drug test
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.
Full Benefits Package available beginning 1st of the month following 60 days.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send salary requirement with resume.