Lead Carpenter - Port Moller
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is currently seeking a Lead Carpenter for their Port Moller, AK salmon processing facility.
Employee Type: Seasonal (May – September)
Industry: Seafood Processing
Job Type: Skilled Labor – Trades
Experience: 2+ years preferred
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of framing, remodeling and finish work on both wood & metal building construction, experience with concrete work and be able to read & understand blue prints.
- Must be able to work long hours, deal with a fast paced work environment and handle a wide variety of situations
- Excellent communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Ensure Compliance with Company Safety Plan, OSHA and other regulations as required.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast paced environment with minimum direct supervision.
- An enthusiasm to assist in other plant projects and grow with the facility.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools in performing duties.
- Must be willing and able to work with other departments in a team atmosphere, strong team player.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Reliable and good attendance.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be professional at all times and represent Peter Pan Seafoods with the highest standards.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good interaction with fellow workers.
- Have a service oriented and a positive “do what it takes” attitude.
- Able and willing to work overtime.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to wear PPE such as safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, gloves, dust masks and respirators.
- Must be able to work safely and effectively in a team environment.
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather).
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs.)
- Must have physical ability to safely reach, bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat, and kneel as necessary to perform job duties.
- Must abide by company policies, state, federal and local laws.
- High School education or GED equivalent.
- Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Wages & Benefits:
Wages will be based on experience. Meals, airfare, room and board are provided by employer.
Salary commensurate with experience. Send salary requirements with resume.
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.