Refrigeration Maintenance-King Cove
This position will include working in Alaska for at least 10 months a year. Responsible for the upkeep and repair of the facility’s ammonia refrigeration systems including: tunnel freezer and blast cell freezers, flake ice making capabilities, RSW chiller, and the kitchen various freezer and cooler units. During the processing season, optimal operation of the refrigeration equipment is crucial to the facility’s overall efficiency. Reports to Chief Engineer.
Must be able to work 7 days a week, 12 or more hours a day in wet, cold conditions. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery where hearing protection, other safety and personal protective equipment is mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and repair of the plant’s refrigeration systems.
- Maintenance and repair on Kitchen Freon units as well as vessels trouble shooting and repair on Freon refrigerated Seawater Systems (RSW)
- Pre and post season maintenance as required to ensure smooth operations.
- Ordering of parts and supplies.
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed in compliance with Plant’s safety program.
- Machining ability would be a plus but not a necessity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements Skills and Qualifications required:
- Currently holding a Universal EPA license. Familiar with IIAR guidelines.
- Mechanical aptitude, resourcefulness, and troubleshooting skills a necessity. Basic skills: welding, Drill & tap, read machine manual prints, follow HACCP-FDA & other regulatory/Buyer policies, Ability to come up with order lists, and other basic shop skills.
- 2 years previous experience with the industrial ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Experience and knowledge of a PSM regulated facility. Must be willing to actively participate and follow all PSM compliance regulations/requirements.
- Able to work fluctuating shifts structured around a 24 hour production schedule as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast paced environment with little direct supervision.
- An enthusiasm to assist in other plant projects and grow with the facility.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Must be willing and able to work with other departments in a team atmosphere.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be professional at all times and represent Peter Pan Seafoods with the highest standards.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration Systems
- Universal EPA certification
- Is a union position. Medical and vision coverage provided through collective bargaining agreement. Opportunity to acquire defined benefit pension with concurrent years of service. The successful applicant is required to become a member of IAMAW local 79 upon employment.
- Transportation from and to Seattle upon completion of season. Room and Board provided.
- Must clear a Criminal Background Check, Pre-Hire Drug Test and Pre-Hire Physical
- Hourly wage D.O.E.
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.