Industrial Refrigeration Technician - Port Moller
Responsible and accountable for maintaining ammonia and freon systems, equipment and procedures. Coordinate with staff and management regarding product flow, freezer operation and equipment needs. Trouble shoot, repair and service industrial freezing systems under the guidance of the refrigeration equipment manager. Coordinate with staff and management regarding the health and safety of all associates and the community in the event of an emergency involving a federally regulated process. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Trouble shoot and repair industrial refrigeration systems.
- Monitor control and set points,as well daily events related to hazard material and refrigeration equipment.
- Operate industrial refrigeration equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Facilitate continuous equipment operation with little down time.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 2 years experience in refrigeration operation and maintenance ( may substitute trade school certificate / votech )
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to pass physical and respirator fit test.
- Good analytical, communication and mechanical skills.
- Will train the right person.
- 4 + years ammonia (NH3) experience
- Operator 2 or 3 certification
- Strong understanding of process controls and electrical field.
- State of the art shore based salmon processing plant in Dillingham Ak ( Bristol bay)
- April through August season with approximately 1600 to 2000 hr worked.
- Laundry service provided.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must apply and complete an application online (not a guarantee of employment)
- Have a valid photo identification and US employment authorization
- Have an original Social Security card (for payroll purposes)
- Speak and understand English (for safety reasons)
- Pass a background check and drug test
- Complete a post offer medical placement questionnaire
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.
Salary commensurate with experience
Room and board is provided with different facilities at each location. At all locations, rooms are multi-occupancy and accommodations for married couples or co-ed housing are limited or not available. Meals are provided in a company mess hall. Laundry facilities are available at each location. Bedding and towels are provided.
For employees from the lower 48 states we provide transportation from Seattle. For Alaskan employees, transportation is provided from their home in most cases. Commercial airlines are used. Airfare is paid to the respective plant, and after completing a season in good standing, return airfare is also paid.
If required for your assignment, raingear and boots are provided at no charge, but must be returned at the end of the season. We also supply work gloves, hair nets and ear plugs at no charge to you. Any required safety equipment will also be provided.