Beachgang - Port Moller
Beachgang is the hard working dock crew that works with fishing boats, tenders and cargo vessels to load and unload the supplies, fresh and frozen fish and get them to their destinations. They are responsible for keeping the flow of goods and vessels moving and assisting the refrigeration and machinist departments in the maintenance of tanks and systems. It can be a fast paced job with long hours that incurs a lot of overtime pay.
- Assist with operating Transvac fish pumps for the unloading of company tenders.
- Assist with operating and maintaining fish holding tanks, chillers, water systems and working with refrigeration
department and machinist crew as needed.
- loading and unloading of fish holding tanks to keep a constant production flow.
- Continually follow Company policies and procedures.
- Safe operation of dock cranes and forklifts.
- Applicants must be hard working, able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment for long hours, differentiating shifts, 7 days a week during the season.
- Understanding of operations of fish pumps, dock cranes, pallet jacks, and forklifts.
- Capable of learning operation of fish weighing system and printers.
- Work well with a variety of personnel.
- Good analytical, communication and mechanical skills.
- Will train the right person.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must apply and complete an application online (not a guarantee of employment)
- Have a valid photo identification and US employment authorization
- Have an original Social Security card (for payroll purposes)
- Speak and understand English (for safety reasons)
- Pass a background check and drug test
- Complete a post offer medical placement questionnaire
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.
Room and board is provided. Meals are provided in a company mess hall. Laundry facilities are available at each location. Bedding and towels are provided.
For employees from the lower 48 states we provide transportation from Seattle. For Alaskan employees, transportation is provided from their home in most cases. Commercial airlines are used. Airfare is paid to the respective plant, and after completing a season in good standing, return airfare is also paid.
If required for your assignment, raingear and boots are provided at no charge, but must be returned at the end of the season. We also supply work gloves, hair nets and ear plugs at no charge to you. Any required safety equipment will also be provided.