Fall/Winter Production Manager - King Cove
This is a full time position that entails working in remote Alaska for at least 7 months a year. This position will require a good understanding of the duties of a production manager including familiarity with the process requirements for multiple species of fish in various fishing seasons.
Duties and Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Manage and supervise a crew of up to 400+ processors engaged in the processing of Pacific cod, pollock, king crab, snow crab, salmon, halibut, black cod and roe and milt products;
- Plan and evaluate daily plant production to maximize recovery and minimize labor costs;
- Ensure finished products meet product specifications;
- Effectively motivate, train, and discipline subordinate personnel;
- Obtain and maintain HACCP certification;
- Must be able to work long hours, deal with a fast paced work environment and handle a wide variety of situations;
- Must be organized and able to communicate well both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to monitor safety, quality and efficiency;
- Order materials and manage inventory based on production expectations;
- Ability to work in a team environment with other key personnel;
- Awareness of Workmen’s Compensation rules and regulations;
- Good Understanding of Alaska Dept. of Labor rules and standards;
- Assist in interviewing and hiring crew as needed;
Requirements Skills and Qualifications required:
- The position requires the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook applications and Company software.
- Have a valid photo identification and US employment authorization
- Have an original Social Security card (for payroll purposes)
- Speak and understand English (for safety reasons)
- Pass a background check and drug test
Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.
Full Benefits Package available beginning 1st of the month following 60 days.